To make doing business with us easy we’ve provided answers to questions commonly asked by our customers. If you need further info please don’t hesitate to contact us.
How to Order
- ◄Get the most out of your quote
- To get the most out of your quote, it’s easiest if you supply us with as much information as you can, including the design/branding art file.
• What do you want to achieve with these bags?
• How many do you need?
• When do you need delivery?
Once we know your requirement and have seen the art file we’ll put together a quote for your consideration. If you have questions while you’re sending through your quote, you're always welcome to Talk to Us and we can go through the options with you.
- ◄Confirm your order
- Once you accept our quote, we’ll raise a sales order to confirm all the delivery details. A deposit of 40% of the sales order is required to be paid upfront. For a local print order, a 100% payment is required before the final delivery. Contact Us for more information.
- ◄Get your artwork ready
- To make the process go as smoothly as possible, prepare your artwork in either an AI, PDF, or EPS format, and we can then prepare print-ready artwork for you for approval. Send your artwork to us and we'll check it out!
- ◄Artwork proof and sampling
- Once we receive the correct artwork files we’ll send you a digital proof to show how your bags will look once they’re printed. After you’ve checked and approved the artwork proof we’ll start sampling the bags. Be sure to check your artwork proof carefully, as there are additional fees if something needs changing after confirmation. We’ll produce a sample prototype of your bag and send through a .jpg photograph for your approval. If you’d prefer to see the physical sample we can get this couriered to you, but extra charges will apply for delivery. On approval of the sample we’ll then begin production. Your bags are on their way!
- The finished product will be delivered between 8-12 weeks after approval of the sample. Our Production Coordinator will let you know the exact date of delivery closer to the time. After delivery we’ll contact you to make sure everything is what you wanted—we want to make sure you’re 100% satisfied with the final product If anything isn’t quite right, or there was something we could have done better, please do send us a feedback. Your feedback can help us grow, and provide a better service for you in the future.
- ◄What is NZ Printed?
- This is the fastest delivery method and is ideal for smaller quantities, minimum order is 100 pieces. Typical turnaround time is 3-4 weeks.
- ◄What is Air Express?
- Air Express works well for delivery within 5-6 weeks, with a minimum run of 500 bags. All of our products are included in this option.
- ◄What is Economy?
- Economy is the cheapest way to bring in products from overseas. All products are shipped by sea and the arrive at your door in between 12-14 weeks. All of our products are included in this option.
- ◄Online orders
- For all products purchased on our online store, you will need to allow 2-5 days for delivery.
Reusable Bag FAQs
- ◄How do I order from Ecobags?
- Please refer to 'How to Order' section above.
- ◄Where do you source your bags?
- We have reliable, eco-friendly suppliers in India and China. We have our own manufacturing facility in India which lets us control the production process and audited partner factories in China.
- ◄Are they ethically sourced?
- Yes. Both our India and our China manufacturers are SEDEX certified. We adhere to the Euro Code of Conduct which ensures a fair wage policy and that no child labour is employed in the making of our products. Please find this article which provides a high level view of the SEDEX certified factories.
SEDEX certification focuses on four pillars:
Members commit to improving their supply chain performance accordingly.
• Labour Standards,
• Health & Safety,
• Environment and
• Business Integrity.
- ◄What are your minimum quantities?
- Please refer to each product as they all differ
- ◄How long does it take for my bags to arrive?
- For overseas orders the finished product will be delivered approximately between 12-16 weeks from confirmation of order.
- Our Production Coordinator will let you know the exact date of delivery closer to the time.
For custom order that are urgent we do have the option of air freight which will take 5-6 weeks, however it’s a costlier option.
For local orders this is the fastest delivery method and is ideal for smaller quantities, typical turnaround time is 3-4 weeks. For smaller quantity orders from our online store, allow 2-5 working days.
- ◄How much does it cost to custom brand my bags?
- We will quote individually depending on the kind of print process and number of bags to be printed. Two-sided printing costs more than single sided.
Single colours without shade gradients are the most cost effective, with each colour there will be additional charges in the set-up costs and cost of printing of the bag.
- ◄What kind of printing methods do you use?
- We use screen printing or digital printing.
- ◄What kind of artwork format do we need to provide if I want my logo or messaging printed on the bags?
- For Screen printing:
Please submit artwork in vector format. Convert all text to outlines. Please save as an EPS or AI file. Embed PMS colors are necessary. If the artwork has an embedded image, that original file should be included. That image should be at least 300 dpi resolution or higher and the art to size.
For Digital printing:
Please submit artwork in Raster PSD, TIF or JPG formats.Image should be at least 300 dpi resolution or higher and the art to size. Layered PSD files are strongly preferred.
For colour matching, we use the Pantone (PMS) coated series colour system. Let us know your Pantone(PMS) reference colours when sending through your artwork.
- ◄What happens if I need help putting my file in the correct format?
- We have an in house graphic designer to assist here for a minimal charge.
- ◄Can I see a sample before I place my overseas order?
- Once we receive the correct artwork files we’ll send you a digital proof to show how your bags will look once they’re printed.
For overseas orders only, once digital proof is approved and initial deposit received, we make a physical pre-production sample. Be sure to check your artwork proof at initial stages carefully, as there are additional fees if something needs changing once we have made the physical sample.
We’ll produce a sample prototype of your bag and send through a .jpg photograph for your approval.
In special cases, on request only, we can provide a physical sample, there will be extra courier charges, and some conditions apply.
On approval of the sample we’ll then begin production. Your bags are on their way!
- ◄What does GSM mean?
- GSM stands for “Grams per Square Meter”. It is a unit of measurement that describes the material thickness of a bag. Many of our bags range from 80 GSM - 100 GSM.
- ◄What are Ecopack compostable bags made from?
- Our compostable range is manufactured from corn starch bio-resins, PLA and PBAT. This new compostable material is designed to degrade in moist conditions and return to carbon dioxide and water without leaving harmful residues in the process. Our compostable products are all certified to strict international standards and we go so far as to use non-toxic inks in printing on these products.
- ◄How long do they take to compost?
- Compostable bags will take approximately 90-180 days to decompose depending on the composting environment. Industrial composting is typically quicker than home composting for two main reasons:
1) temperatures reached inside a home composting bin is usually only a few centigrade degrees higher than the outside temperature, and this is true for short time periods (in industrial composting, the temperatures reach 50°C – with peaks of 60-70°C – for a number of months).
2) home composting bins are managed by everyday people and the composting conditions might not always be ideal (in contrast, industrial composting plants are managed by qualified personnel and kept under ideal working conditions).
- ◄How do I use my compostable bin liners
- This new material is slightly different to the traditional plastic you may have used to line your bin in the past. It is designed to break down! To avoid disappointment, please change your liner every 2-3 days, avoid excessive moisture, avoid sharp objects, and store them in a cool dry place (avoid temperatures over 19 degrees celsius). Check the date of manufacture printed on the label and use within 8 months from this date.
- ◄What sorts of inks have been printed on my compostable bin liner?
- We only use water-based non-toxic inks when we print on Ecopack products. Water-based inks are more environmentally friendly alternative to traditional oil-based inks.
- ◄What is the shelf life of my compostable bag?
- Ecopack compostable products have a shorter shelf life than traditional oil-based packaging. You are instructed to use your compostable bags within 8 months of manufacture date. That said, if stored correctly, many of these products will last 9-24 months. Store your compostable products in a cool, dry area out of direct sunlight.
- ◄Are the carry bags strong enough to hold everyday shopping?
- Yes, the bags are designed to withstand the weight carried by a similar sized traditional plastic bag. Our compostable bags have been constructed with extra microns to prevent tearing.
- ◄Where is your company based, and what is the origin of your products?
- Ecopack is a New Zealand owned and operated company. Our head office and warehouse is located in East Tamaki in Auckland. Our manufacturing facilities are based throughout Asia.
- ◄Will my bin liner fit my average-sized rubbish bin?
- Yes, Ecopack bin liners are suitable for a range of kitchen household bins and commercial bin sizes. Our range covers everything from small 7L caddies up to extra-large 240L wheelie bins.
- ◄Can these compostable liners be used for commercial use?
- Yes, we have a range of sizes designed with commercial bins in mind. In particular, the 27L, 36L, 60L, 80L, 140L and 240L bin liners may be suitable for your commercial operation.
- ◄Can my brand be printed on your eco-products?
- Depending on the product and order quantities some products can be customised with your branding. We’ll manage the whole process for you - from design to delivery. For more information on custom branding, please contact us.
Doggy Poop Bag FAQS
- ◄What are Earthrated compostable bags made from?
- Earth Rated compostable bags contain natural corn starch bio-resins, PLA and PBAT. In moist conditions they will decompose to carbon dioxide and water without leaving harmful residues in the process. They are certified to strict international standards.
- ◄How do I dispose of compostable bags afterwards?
- Compostable products are designed to be composted either at home or by industrial composting. If your local commercial composting facility accepts them, send them there.
Otherwise, compost them at home in a dedicated pet waste composting system (don’t use this compost on your fruit or veggie patch as the bacteria in dog waste is toxic; keep it for your shrubs, trees and flowers only). Making your own compost system is simple - all you need is a bucket, spade and soil (read our blog here). Or purchase a ready-made pet composter like Ensopet.
Please do not flush pet waste (it can upset water treatment systems). If they are sent to landfill, they will still break down quicker than traditional plastic, but it will take a lot longer than composting.
- ◄How long do they take to compost?
- Compostable bags will take approximately 90-180 days to decompose depending on the composting environment. Industrial composting is typically quicker than home composting for two main reasons: 1) temperatures reached inside a home composting bin is usually only a few centigrade degrees higher than the outside temperature, and this is true for short time periods (in industrial composting, the temperatures reach 50°C – with peaks of 60-70°C – for a number of months). 2) home composting bins are managed by everyday people and the composting conditions might not always be ideal (in contrast, industrial composting plants are managed by qualified personnel and kept under ideal working conditions).
- ◄Are they flushable?
- No. As a general rule, stay away from flushing your dog’s poop with or without a bag. It really depends on what water treatment plant your waste goes to, but flushing dog poop can upset water balance due to the high levels of BOD (biological oxygen deprivation).
- ◄What is the shelf life of Earthrated compostable products?
- Earth Rated compostable products have a shorter shelf life than traditional oil-based packaging. You are instructed to use your compostable poop bags within 12 months of manufacture date. That said, if stored correctly, they’re likely to last much longer. Store your compostable products in a cool, dry area out of direct sunlight.
- ◄What is the difference between the Earthrated green degradable and white compostable bags?
- The green bags are degradable – they’re a plastic bag that contains an additive known as TDPA (totally degradable plastic additives). This allows the bags to break down into smaller pieces when exposed to sunlight, heat and oxygen.
The white poop bags are compostable (biodegradable) - they return to the earth safely. Earth Rated’s fully certified compostable poop bags will begin to decompose in a compost pile (or when exposed to heat and moisture) and will break down in approximately 90-180 days leaving no harmful residues in the process. Compostable bags are usually considered more environmentally sustainable than degradable bags.